Skip to main content
2389 Main St. Suite 100, Glastonbury, CT 06033 | (860) 266-6726
by Connecticut Registered Agent LLC

Connecticut Foreign Corporation

Filing Service – Connecticut Certificate of Authority

If you own a corporation based in another state and want to do business in Connecticut, you will need an Connecticut Certificate of Authority from the State of Connecticut. You can obtain one by submitting paperwork as a foreign corporation with the Connecticut Secretary of State, Corporations Division. After you submit your forms, the State of Connecticut will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Connecticut corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in the State of Connecticut is called a foreign corporation.

We only charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the foreign Connecticut corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Connecticut Secretary of State, Corporations Division. We also will find the paperwork needed from your home state of incorporation to make the filing.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Connecticut and you’ll find the foreign corporation form is in your client account immediately. As an added bonus, we’ve included some tips on how to submit your documents with the state. You are required to have a registered agent in Connecticut anyway, so we try to make this an easy process for you, whether you want us to submit your papers or you want to send them to the Connecticut Secretary of State yourself.

How do I sign up?

You sign up for our registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to fill out and submit the paperwork yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for the state filing fees plus $100. You can see real time status of our work in progress in your online account at all times. Once we are finished with your foreign corporation registration in Connecticut, we always upload the filing in your client account, email it to you, and send you the original filed documents by mail.